I’m excited! Awesome Indies have awarded a Badge of Approval to The 12 Nights of Jeremy Sunson, another milestone on my pilgrimage to writing full-time, leaving behind my secret identity forever. Check out their review here.
What does this mean?
In the words of Tahlia Newland, founder of Awesome Indies:
Our editors award the Awesome Indies Badge of Approval to indie books that meet mainstream standards of quality. Readers buy our books safe in the knowledge that every one is a professional product. We are the unique voices of quality independent fiction.
The Badge validates my hard work editing Jeremy’s story, on which I spent a great deal of time, as many published stories (independent or otherwise) would not receive such approval. Awesome Indies approval doesn’t mean that all readers will like Jeremy’s story, but it does guarantee a well-written and edited journey.
Amongst other criteria that Awesome Indies assesses are that:
- The plot is well structured, well paced, conceptually sound and engaging;
- The characters are well developed and their dialogue and interactions with others are believable;
- The book is not overwritten or unnecessarily wordy; for instance; no obvious dumps of information, unnecessary repetition or irrelevant scenes;
- Changes in point of view are clear. No head-hopping;
- The prose is well written and engaging. Where appropriate for the genre, voice and intention, the story is shown rather than told and the writing active rather than passive;
- The book has been line edited, copy edited and proofread, and the grammar, spelling and punctuation usage is consistent throughout.
Awesome Indies Badge of Approval for Jeremy. A present just in time for Christmas. Season’s greetings!